Monday, April 27, 2009

Nice Day For a Revolution: An Introduction.

Hey guys and gals, my name is Aaron Hale. You may know me/heard of me from some of my several other blogs I've done in the past, and present; the now defunct Piss and Vinegar, the defunct For Your Consideration and the updated daily Days Gone By, as a former writer for Racket Magazine, or even the somewhat controversial incident involving Dillinger Four/Fat Wreck Chords/Racket Magazine/ Punknews.org/ and Alternative Press, or even maybe from a short story I posted at Jesse Raubs' BitterPress called Shootin' At a Mound of Dirt.

But chances are, you don't know me. And that's cool. I hope to change that with this blog, honestly.

So you may ask why another blog? That's a fair question, because I've got a laundry list of them behind me, and one currently on my hands. I think for a second, I'm going to explain who I am, where I come from and why it is this blog exists.

I'm currently 23 years old. I was born on October 4th, 1985 in Colorado Springs, Colorado. In August of 1988 my mother and step-father (Brenda, and Ed Williams) eloped to Toltec, Arizona. We eventually moved to where I currently live now, which is Arizona City, Arizona.

On May 5th, 2007 I moved to Albany, New York for several months, and then I moved back to Arizona when my step-father was diagnosed with prostate cancer. He has since gotten a near-clean bill of health.

Enthralling, right?

On August 31st, 2008 a close family friend named Leroy Van Verth was murdered in Tucson, Arizona.

Every single day I think about that, and every single day it hurts exactly the same.

That's where this blog comes into play.

Nice Day For a Revolution is a somewhat new concept, at least to me. The concept itself was somewhat inspired by my good friend, Miles. Outside of this, and maybe an interview I may be doing, it will be completely a work of fiction.

The series, of the same name as the blog will cover certain stories of human struggle.

I don't know how to deal with the passing of my friend in any other way. And while ever story won't be about him, these will be stories. Hopefully some of triumph, some of loss, some of life, love, sexuality, politics and everything in between.

So I hope somehow you can relate, or at the very least kill some time.

To be honest, I'm not sure how long this blog will be active. The ideal situation would be to have enough to make a published series of the story one day.

Each story arc will have it's own title. So eventually it would read out as, for example using one of the future story titles, it would be 'Nice Day For a Revolution: Got No Place In the Sun (pt. 1)', etc. I hope that's not confusing. I wish I had a more clear way of explaining it.

I hope you spread the word, I hope somehow this helps someone out someday. I hope it helps me. I hope you have fun, and yeah...sorry this is pretty long winded.

Hope ya hate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment